Wednesday 14 March 2012

Caught reading intensely - Catch us if you can by Catherine MacPhail

Catch us if you can by Catherine Macphail. I enjoyed the novel, I really did although I'm more used to read the much thicker novels. I felt like being in Secondary school again! Story line filled with humour and sentiments of love and loyalty. Yes, a perfect novel for students although the smarter ones would finish reading it in a day and throw it in a corner but it never fails to make you read till you finish. While I was reading it I could not help but to admire the character of Rory. So young and yet he knows so much. A very brilliant  boy who could be only nine or ten years of age who takes on the responsibility of  single handedly taking care of his old Grandfather. I believe upon reading the story, it would teach one to never be afraid to take on big responsibilities and loyalty. Rory was very determined to live with his grandfather when the social worker and other authorities tried take him away and place his grandfather in a home. A very touching story which I believe any age of readers can take on especially parents who intend to teach their kids values of courage, loyalty and responsibility.To think from an angle of an educator, definitely a good book for my literature class.Although I'm not teaching in secondary school right now, I would still suggest to my pupils to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment